The 221 is a single-sided, custom-fit, stereo-to-one-ear earphone designed for music enthusiasts with unilateral hearing loss. The 221 earphone employs two full-range, high fidelity micro-transducers – one dedicated to the left channel and the other dedicated to the right – housed together to produce exceptional sound quality with the most comfortable material available. Unlike using a “stereo-to-mono” adapter plug to passively short the left and right channels together electrically, the 221 earphone combines the left and right speaker outputs acoustically, inside the wearer’s isolated ear canal, so all stereo information is preserved. The result is full, rich, two-channel music reproduction without the distortions and comb filtering of passive electrical summing to mono.
- Earpiece: Custom-molded transparent gel silicone
- Frequency response: 20 - 16,000 Hz
- Isolation: Up to 37 dB reduction of ambient noise (typical)
- Cable: Continuous 48-inch in matte silver or black finish
- CUSTOM COLORS
- Custom colors are available for a nominal extra charge. Our multi-color swirls ensure a unique look. A selection of solid colors is also available. Our standard earphones are clear/transparent silicone. Click HERE for full details.
- SUPPLIED ACCESSORIES
- Hard-shell Pelican case, shirt clip, cleaning tool, 1/8" to 1/4" adapter, pocket storage pouch.