CourSe Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- -Identify the various listening needs of music industry professionals and how they are uniquely vulnerable to music-induced hearing injury
- -Implement evidence-based practices for successful hearing conservation appointments
- -Create treatment plans for musicians with hearing loss
- -Describe a typical live performance sound system setup and the various equipment used for live shows
- -Prepare for on-site venue visits and understand backstage etiquette
- -Recommend proper products for music listening, including high-fidelity hearing protection and custom in-ear monitors.
- -Learn to take proper ear impressions for best results with custom in-ear products
- -Create marketing strategies to increase musician patient flow in clinic
- -Identify global partners in hearing health awareness and advocate for safe listening
Continuing education units
Sensaphonics is approved by the American Academy of Audiology to offer Academy CEUs for this activity. The program is worth a maximum of 0.5 CEUs. Academy approval of this continuing education activity is based on course content only and does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedure, or adherence of the event to the Academy’s Code of Ethics. Any views that are presented are those of the presenter/CE Provider and not necessarily of the American Academy of Audiology.